Are you in a rut? It could be at any age in your life. You just want more out of life. You may not even know what that more is, but you know that something has got to change. Here are 5 Ways to reboot your life, no matter how old you are, because YOU ARE MAGICAL and YOUR LIFE SHOULD BE TOO!
- Find things that bring you joy and do them. What makes you tick? What sets your soul on fire? What brings you joy. Identify those things and then start doing them regularly. If you like to paint, schedule a weekly painting class and keep it in your schedule as sacred. DO NOT LET anyone including yourself schedule over it. If you like live theater, attend a live performance at least once a month. If you like volunteering do that. If you like time to yourself, schedule one weekend or day a month where you hire a babysitter and check yourself into a spa or hotel etc for the day and or night. You deserve to spend time doing the things that bring you joy.
- Journal. Spend at least 15 minutes each morning before you do anything else journaling. Do not skip a day. Write about whatever you feel like. Write about your hopes, your dreams, your frustrations. Just be sure to write. Let it all out.
- Let Go of Limiting Beliefs. Seriously, let them go each and every time they rear their ugly heads, say, “nope, not today, goodbye belief!” Some examples of a limiting belief are the following:
- I couldn’t possibly do that!
- I don’t have enough money.
- I’m just not a lucky person.
- I’m too old to do that
- I’m too young to do that
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- It will take me years to be successful
If you think you can’t do something, then you won’t do it. It is as simple as that. To do or accomplish anything, you have to first believe that you can. Isn’t the first verse to the Negro National anthem, “We Shall Overcome!” Everything starts with the belief and it continues with actions toward the belief.
- Follow Your Intuition. There is a voice in your head that has always told you anything is possible. You may have silenced it over the years, but trust me, that voice is still there. Start listening to it. Let it guide you. To tap back into your inner voice, meditate. Find a quiet space with no distractions and just close your eyes. Don’t try to stop your thoughts or quiet your thoughts, instead just try to be and to listen. Let things slow down or speed up. Don’t put pressure on yourself. Listen to what your heart is telling you and follow it.
- Practice Gratitude. Have a daily gratitude practice. Spend a few minutes in the morning when you wake up and just before you go to bed either saying out loud and/or writing down at least 3 things that you are thankful for that day. The things can be both big and small and you most definitely don’t need to limit yourself to 3 things. Start and end each day from a place of gratitude and watch out for the positive changes that will continue to verberate in your life.
It is never too late to do a reboot. You are all that you need. You have everything you need inside of you to live an amazing life. You are magical and your life should be too, so do what you need to do, to find your happy place.